- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
Beacon Associates, Inc., a highly respected woman-owned small business and Government contractor, is seeking an organized and team oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team on a government site in Seattle, WA.
As a brief background, Beacon is a company of leaders putting people at the center of winning solutions. Established in 2002, we provide winning solutions to the world's best companies and top government agencies, counting among our customers members of the Global 500 and 67% of Federal Cabinet Agencies, including 25 sub-agencies and offices. Beacon values our people, our commitment to excellence, collaboration, service, high expectations, integrity, and respect. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees which includes paid leave, paid holidays, medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more. Beacon is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Administrative Assistant/provides direct support to PSC Senior Regional Administrative Manager (RAM). The AA is the on-site support staff member directly responsible for mail, clerical, and operational support.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
Administrative Assistance and Mail Room Support
- Monitor and add funds to postal meter, as needed
- Sort and deliver all incoming and outgoing mail, pick-up and deliver all inter-office mail to destination offices
- Pick-up, prepare, and maintain a record of accountable mail (including metering) for all outgoing mail in accordance with local directive and schedule
- Conduct all mail room duties and responsibilities in addition to resolving all mail room and machine problems/issues
- Maintain PSC Regional Telephone Directory and dispatch annual updates
- Schedule and maintain all ORD and PSC conference facilities
- Assist with ordering office supplies and equipment for the RAM
- Provide additional support to the RAM, as needed.
Personal Security and HSPD-12 Badging
- Schedule and conduct the HSPD-12 enrollment, issuance and PIV recertification appointments for regional customers
- Ensure paperwork is complete and processed weekly to OSSI
- Assist with RAM and serve as liaison with the OSSI with any issue including the misuse, loss, or theft of HSPD-12 badges or paperwork
- Prepare weekly reports and post to HHS portal de CMS, Recertification, NIH and CDC required reports.
- Prepare on a biweekly basis prepare and post to the portal outstanding badge report
- Maintain a log of paperwork sent to OSSI headquarters with UPS tracking numbers.
- Assist the RAM and all HHS components conducting annual inventory of property and processing of required paperwork in disposition of excess property of the ORD
- Facilitate meetings with Operation and Staff Divisions (OpDivs/StaffDivs) to review the Annual Property Inventory
- Provide assistance in conducting Annual Property Inventory (Provide appropriate forms, prepare and review paperwork)
- Facilitate signed property disposition paperwork from OpDivs/StaffDivs
- Excess property through property disposition processes including accessing GSAXcess
- High School Diploma; 5 years related work experience or equivalent combination of formal training and experience
- Must have 30 wpm keying ability; 10-key ability
- Must be able to express self clearly through verbal and written communications.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to operate business machines, computers, copiers, and fax machines, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well independently; willing to be a team player and work well with others
- Personable on phone and in person
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform high profile projects on short notice
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform recurring activities such as bending, crouching, stooping, stretching and reaching with hands
Beacon is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!